Study In USA

Why Study in USA

The USA is frequently seen as the leader of the free world and has numerous top-ranking universities and globally recognized educational institutes which grant degrees that are globally recognized.  Studying in the United States is always worthwhile because it provides a variety of career opportunities and is a perfect choice for Indian students to obtain the best education for their career goals.

In the US there are four educational categories each offering varied study choices and levels of affordability to suit every student.

  • State Colleges / Universities
  • Private Colleges / Universities
  • Community Colleges
  • Institutes of Technology

The USA Education System:

One of the most exciting aspects of the US higher education system is the adaptability offered by the quantity and variety of institution types it encompasses. With over 4,500 universities and colleges in the United States, the US education system provides ten times the number of tertiary-level study opportunities than any other nation, making it easy for students to pursue theirstudies and career goals.

There are 4 types of Degrees in the USA which are as below-:

Two-year Masters’ in Academics from the United States

MS with 1–3 year professional degree

Ms in US degree (Professional) of 1 to 3 years

Bachelor’s degree of 3 to 4 years

Doctorate or Ph.D. in the US of 5 to 8 years.

How to apply

Each university in the U.S has its own system on its website that allows future students to its programs. So, once you select the university of your choice, you can go through their application and submit your materials there.

Basics needed for every application:

A copy of your diploma (either high school or bachelor’s degree)

A transcript/record of your previous courses

A scan of your passport

Your CV

Testing scores

Evidence of scholarship or funding

Letters of recommendation (between 2-3)

Portfolio and/or writing samples

In-Demand Courses

Whether it’s the broad range of choices or the versatility of the courses, US Universities continue to attract a growing number of international students.

Business management (MBA in the USA)


Maths and Computer Sciences

Social Sciences

Physical and Life Sciences

Study Biotechnology in the U.S. 

Study Entrepreneurship in the U.S. 

Study Health Management in the U.S. 

Study International Relations in the U.S. 

Students experience diverse cultures and lifestyles in a multicultural country like the USA which helps them evolve as global citizens. Like any other country, each city has different living costs, and if students plan their stay and lifestyle smartly, the experience of studying in the US for Indian students would be very enjoyable and enriching. The following are all the prestigious institutions:

Although the Ivy League universities, plus Stanford and M.I.T, Harvard are all major, world-renowned universities to pick from, there are literally hundreds of universities all over the country. Below we’ll list some of our recommendations:

  • Colombia University
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • University of San Francisco
  • Northeastern University
  • California Institute of Technology
  • University of Chicago
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • Yale University
  • Princeton University
  • Cornell University
  • University of Michigan-AnnArbor
  • Duke University
  • Johns Hopkins University
  • Northwestern University
  • New York University
  • University of Southern California, Los Angeles
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • Brown University
  • Boston University

Speak to us to get to know more such universities in this coveted list.

Student Visa for the USA from India requires you to follow these steps:

Process of Visa

  • With our assistance, apply to institutions (We have a great working relationship with every one of them)
  • Take the IELTS or another recognized English language test.
  • Receive an i20 document, after being accepted to a school
  • Go online and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee once you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 form from your school. The price is 350 USD for F-1/M-1 students and 220 USD for J-1 students. (Those in short-term J-1 visa programs will only have to pay $35 USD.)
  • The nearest US embassy or consulate is where you must submit an application for an international student visa.
  • – Fill out the Online Non-Immigrant Visa Application after that (Form DS-160).
  • You will also select the US embassy where you will have your visa interview on this application.
  • Make your visa application fee payment.
  • Pay the visa issuance fee
  • Get Your Visa
  • Collect your passport

Language or Entrance Test:

Proof of language and academic evaluation is needed, in order to receive admittance from US institutions. These include academic reviews of admissions to US universities at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These examinations include IELTS/TOEFL/ C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency, SAT/ACT (UG-level academic evaluation), GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT (PG-level academic assessment), and more.

American colleges maintain the curriculum up to date with all the technology and engaging virtual experiences that this generation of students is already accustomed to thanks to their increased talents and access to a variety of resources.

If you decide to study in the United States, you’ll be instantly exposed to new techniques for reading, learning, researching, and taking exams.

Let us look at some FAQs regarding study in the US

Do American universities recognize the Indian 10+2+3 educational system?

This differs from university to university though most American institutions accept 10+2+3 system for masters programs.

What and where should I study in the US after my 12th grade?

Your interests, academic background, and financial situation are your only considerations while selecting a program and a university in the US. You may start by making a list of your interests and talents and spending some time meditating on it before deciding where to study and what to pursue. Investigate whether interests or skill sets have a wide professional application. Reduce your options appropriately and look for programs and organizations that are pertinent. Because not all universities or colleges offer programs in all three intakes, you’ll also need to take the intakes of your selected courses into mind.

You may select a course that best fits your requirements and profile by using our helpful guide. Additionally, you may schedule a free counselling appointment with one of our qualified counsellors. We will hand-hold you thru the entire process of course selection, and submission of application right up till your visa processing.

After graduation, what and where should I study in the US?

As an Indian student with an undergraduate degree, your ideal school should place a focus on practical knowledge, real-world experience, and preparing you for the workforce.

In the US, master’s and doctorate programs are the two primary subcategories.

• There are several specializations for master’s degrees in the US, and there are two primary course types: academic and professional.

• A doctorate is the highest degree that may be earned in the US. A doctorate degree requires its students to complete a unique piece of research. In the US, doctoral candidates are still expected to take courses and written exams in addition to their research.

Look over the subjects you studied in undergrad and make a list of the ones that interest you first. Specify your desired field of study and do a program and university search. You would also have to take a language and/or aptitude exam if you wanted to apply to American colleges and institutes. So, while choosing what and where to study, take your academic standing into account. Find the intake available for the courses you want to take and get ready. Simply call us to know how to ace your Master’s study in the US.

Can I work while studying in the US ?

If you have a F1 visa, you can work 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during vacation breaks.

Are American qualifications recognized worldwide?

Yes, they are.

What kind of accommodation options are there in US ?

You have the choice of living on campus or finding off-campus housing as a student from India. For international students, the majority of US colleges provide housing options like sororities and fraternities. To ensure a spot for yourself, you must apply independently and well in advance.

You can also choose an off-campus option where you live in a homestay or share an apartment with other Indian students. Due to the fact that they often have a list of possibilities accessible, your institution may also be able to assist you find off-campus housing. Most of the time, student bulletin boards at your school will contain listings for local lodging.Remember, the rentals vary from city to city. Understand that homestay hosts do not make too much money out of the rent you pay; it’s mostly about their love for hosting international visitors so do not over-expect from them and ensure to adhere to the house rules, if any.

If I am under the age of 18, is there any special requirement for students like me to study in the US?

For the duration of their stay in the US, until they become 18 years old, all students under the age of 18 must make arrangements for a guardian. You can choose government-verified local guardians at a low fee if you don’t have a guardian in the US. You can get assistance with this from your Bounce Global counsellor.

What tests do I need to take to qualify for courses in the USA?

Along with the language proficiency tests, the admission tests that students are required to take are Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), for MBA students; Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) for Graduate programs; Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) usually for undergraduate programs.

When should I begin the application process for courses in the USA?

It is often suggested that students start the application process at least 12 to 15 months before the desired admission. Additionally, it will increase their chances of receiving a scholarship

Can I work while studying in the US?

Yes. According to the government’s standards, students are allowed to work 20 hours per week on campus during the academic year and full-time, or 40 hours, during holidays.

Can I switch schools once I get to the United States?

 Yes. Once in the USA, students have the option of changing institutions or universities.Students are subject to USCIS regulations after they get in the country and according to this guideline, a student must complete at least one semester at a school before deciding to transfer; nonetheless, it is encouraged that students choose their university carefully before enrolling.

What does the term “transfer student” mean?

A transfer student is a person who has successfully completed at least two years of a Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in another nation and has applied for admission to a university in the United States.

 What options are there for staying back?

Indian students who study in the USA are given a year to return and work there following graduation.This is also referred to as OPT (Optional Practical Training).Graduates of STEM programs, however, are eligible for a 36-month work permit extension.To stay in the United States for another 36 months, these graduates can apply for an H1B visa (work visa).

Some interesting facts about studying in the US

Harvard has the largest academic library in the nation with 13.6 million volumes.

Yale University is known to have the rarest of books in its library.

It hosts the maximum number of international students in the world.